Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody see TV channel 10 tonight. They were showing how great the fishing has been [off boats] since the holidays. They showed some really nice stripes. Wish we could get some of them.:D

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
ADVISOR,

SAW THE SAME REPORT AS YOU, THAT'S ALL I'VE DONE THIS YEAR WITH THE BIG STRIPERS--SEEN THEM ON TV, SEEN THEM IN THE PAPER, SEEN THEM ON THE INTERNET... I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY ROLL UP IN THE SURF ON THE END OF MY LINE.
I STILL THINK WE MIGHT GET A SHOT AT SOME BIG ONES IF WE COULD JUST GET THE WIND TO BLOW OUT OF THE EAST FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. HOPE YOU GET A BIG ONE ON YOUR NEXT CAST.

WALT

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will confirm that there are tons of stripers, mainly south of Sandbridge, concentrated around Corolla. I was boating for them last Tuesday and we caught all we could stand. We hooked 13 in a matter of 2-3hours and everyone else were catching them as well. The good news is that we noted stripers from R;udee Inlet to Corolla and like the gentleman before said it is not too late if we can get a couple of days of moderate easterly winds some of the stripers might make to surf casting distance....That's probably our only hope....There are party boats out of Rudee for stripers and now is a good time to take advantage of them. The stripers I caught Tuesday mainly ranged between 31 and 39 inches and some boaters posted that they caught 44 inchers and sometimes greater than 50 inchers....That's a big Bubba...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts