Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are your changes and ideas for 2016? Venturing off to try new areas, new tactics, targeting a species you've never focused on?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Learning to use metals in all the sections of the water column. Cut down my pack weight to 10-15 lbs max. Increase my casting distance with my convo.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Going from salt water fishing on the Chesapeake, and Delaware Bays for 30-40 years, and Fishing and living in Venice FL. for the last 12 years, to going back to fishing in MD. and Delaware rivers and ponds from shore like I did when I was young and just learning . It's been fun. The towns and roads have changed. But as long as I have this computer, Latitude-Longitude, and maps, I can find all the old spots I fished 50 years ago. That is my changes for 2016 and probably the rest of my life. We just moved back to MD. in May last year from FL. I shore miss FL. though. Recreation Vacation Fish Fishing Sea

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you carry in your pack?
Depends what I'm fishing for.

Is pretty much all I carry when I'm fishing. Clip my pliers to the strap and lip gripper on my side. Holds everything I need. I tie leaders in advance so no need to carry a spool of line. If I'm flounder fishing I will have my container of gulp with me too. ( i don't use the clear insert often, took that out.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have 3 big ones, the first of which has been a running goal of mine for the past season or two. 1) Become more proficient with bucktails. 2) Focus on a wider variety of fish as appropriate with season. 3) Kayak fish more often.

·
Registered
257 Posts
spend more time on Delaware/ New Jersey beaches and inlets , reading the beach to find structure , knock two species off my bucket list (keeper flounder and red drum) and learning to plug.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
spend more time on Delaware/ New Jersey beaches and inlets , reading the beach to find structure , knock two species off my bucket list (keeper flounder and red drum) and learning to plug.
X2 on that. I also want to learn how to catch flounder on the beaches in Delaware.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
when season for flatties comes around I can give you a few pointers. Last year I was able to go out and usually get at least 1 keeper every time. All DE waters

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, mine weighs about 20#. :eek: Need to do the same and reduce the amount of "CRAP" I'm luggin around too. :D

Where did you get your single box set up Kracka? Need to get me one those. Nice thread!
Got it off amazon. tackledirect sells them too. It's the okuma nomad sb6.

http://www.jandh.com/supreme-surf-bags.html is another very good bang for the buck. If i could do it again I would prolly go with this 1. (only because it is equipped to hold 10 big plugs off the bat)

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Go on YouTube and look up John skinner fishing. He has videos on foundering from the beach. I've nearly watched all of them.
Are his videos Delaware beach fishing. I know how to beach fish for flounder. I done it for about six years almost every morning in FL. I want to learn the best areas for flounder in Delaware. I have already caught a few in Lewis Delaware, but not on the beach. I am going to try the fishing pier at Cape Henlopen State Park this year. I got pretty good at beach flounder. Leaf Shadow Plant Flower Concrete
Just have to learn new area. Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bag Messenger bag Handbag Luggage and bags Fashion accessory

I have used the shimano bluewave bag for a few seasons now and have really liked it. Just another option for those of you looking.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are his videos Delaware beach fishing. I know how to beach fish for flounder. I done it for about six years almost every morning in FL. I want to learn the best areas for flounder in Delaware. I have already caught a few in Lewis Delaware, but not on the beach. I am going to try the fishing pier at Cape Henlopen State Park this year. I got pretty good at beach flounder. View attachment 17396 Just have to learn new area. Thanks!
The pier is good except you have too many people who haven't a clue what they are doing and others that keep everything. This year I will primarily target them in the canal and IRI.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Sell my boat, slip and all my trolling and surf gear. Spend more time at The Tank, do a little more charter/headboat fishing and do more fresh water fishing. Take a week and return to Alaska for salmon fishing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well I need to get used to booking 2 boats and keeping a calendar online to supplement my hard copy. I hope to move the new boat to plo for November and December and ocean city for January and get accustomed to the longer drive to the boat. And last but not least I hope to get more pier and surf guys out on the bay or ocean to swap stories.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts