Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Chainbridge (DC side) after work today. 15 Hickories and 1 Nice Smallmouth (17/18 in). Light spinning tackle, 1/4oz ball jigs and black w/ chartruese skirt crappie tubes (best color today and much cheaper than Shad Darts). Fish were deeper, but in the usual haunts--Eddys and current breaks is the key. Fish the slower water hard. It's a tad early but the fish are there. Couple people fishing for Stripes and Cats but didn't see any caught, the buggy whips were out in force--looks like a pain in the a$$ to me but what do I know except I was steady fishin and catchin instead of unhooking trees and brush. HAHA just a little dig. To each his own. Next week it should really turn on for those interested. It's alot of fun. Congrats to all the folks fishing SPSP-thats alot of fun to! Gotta love Spring :beer:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Chainbridge

Nice Report.... I might be hitting there tommorow night.....After8pm....Lookking for the Big One....> Ither Catty, Striper, or even Walleye....One of my best spots... Lot of folks dont like it.... I think it could be the hike or the Snakes in rocks LOL! ! ! !

Penn

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Penn--Stripes should show up any day and the Cats should already be chewin--maybe the next full moon--warmer weather wouldn't hurt either. The hike is a pain but Shad fishin is much better from the DC side--and there ain't no frickin snakes.:rolleyes: Good luck!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Chainbridge

Yup I know theres no Snake..... People dont Know...> The Hike is not that bad.... I was up at Fletchers Last week, Nice Run... Big Catfish.... On whole Hearing! Im going to give it a shot with some plastic this time..... I know the strppers are there.... For the past 14 years Ive caught the Mid MArch... i Mean Lunkers!!!!!!! 30LB Plus.....!

Penn

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can park at Fletchers Boat House/Cove off Canal Rd. in DC. You can walk up river and fish the eddies all the way to little falls. I've been twice with the fly rod and caught 30+ hickories in less than 2 hours each time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.