Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I just joined thanks to everyone here and the wealth of information i have been spending alot of time on the CBBT. I had a great day the last Saturday in March. A bud and me spend a few hours hauling in buckets of croker's. Couldnt get much more to bite. Went back down again this Saturday night around 6pm and started fishing and there was plenty of Skate to go around. All around people were HEAVING in the Skate. I personally cought my 1st on last night, and my second and fifth and sixth GRRRRR. Is this usual for the CBBT? I only got one bite from a rather small croaker that seemed to be laughing at me. When is the bite really pick up out there? And Thanks Again for this wealth of information and I hope to meet some of you soon.

Tight Lines :p

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I usally get my fair skate catch in Sandbridge.Largest 1 ,probably 10 lbs.

I ate a scallop for lunch the other week,that might have been a skate wing.The scallop was too round :D and had too much of a fishy taste,unlike the taste of a bay scallop,and for $2.99,I don't doubt it wasn't deep fried Skate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No doubt your right Nsearch. 10lb skate is a mighty haul. I hope i dont pick one of those up from the pier. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts