Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if they are catching striper off of the CBBT fishing pier? If so, what are the best tactics or bait to use?

·
Registered
337 Posts
no fish,

read through the posts throughout the fall and you will not see much. I had one night that I got 3 off the beach, haven't gone to seagull yet this fall. figure it's easier on the pocket book to get skunked on the beach than paying 10 bucks to get skunked on teh pier. Good luck to you Joe Fed.

todd

·
Registered
107 Posts
I havent seen many stripers caught this year from seagull but the ones ive heard of were either caught off bait or caught off a sting silver or some other lure wish i could be more help.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Fished Seagull Pier a couple times this year and got double skunked.

When it gets colder and a north wind is blowing the action should pick up.

I like the Bass Assassin 5" Shads slow dragged on the bottom but I guess you can use just about anything. Seen Gotcha plugs and Bass Pro Shops Stump Jumper buck tails with plastic tails thrown out there as well.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Yea Bassn...sorta my thoughts...why pay ten bux when chix or Lesner outfishes 100 to 1 based on the posts...the R

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
[ Yo [ R] 10 bux aint wastn money on feeshn is it ?:D lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got 5 stripers and a 19 inch flounder when striper season first began at chicks beach. I cought them on a red and white crystal minnow. I would only go to seagull on a north wind because that seems to be the time its productive. I use 5 inch storms and 1 oz buck tails with a small plastic eel on it. l

·
Registered
206 Posts
i fished out at CBBT last night with good luck. i pulled one up and saw 5 others caught. all in the low 20's. don't know how it has been this year but last night was not that bad.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts