Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was was a very nice nice night out on the yaks.

Dafishguy and Erie Warrior plus me got it going...

We pulled up to the launch and encounted two dudes in a canoe with about ten five gallon buckets and no lights. They were up to no go good in my mind. And I was right.

I like to let my eel rig out on the beach before I launch, then paddle out. Let it ride on the way out, but guess what I caught...was a seine net
Those clowns set out about 10 minutes before we launched, What a disaster with that crap, idiots and poachers. Green Canoe, "no speakey English" types. BS!!!!! You'll see 'em if you fish the CBBT by the beach. Report 'em... I did. sooooooooo.....

And no, they weren't commercial, they were poacher's. no lights, no nothin', except for canoe and 10 5 gallon buckets.

Of course, I got snagged in their nets they layed out when paddling out....

Weak, because I lost my eel rig 15 yards off the beach on the paddle out...

Whatever, Dafishguy and Erie Warrior & I hit 'em pretty good out there.

The fish grabbed my whistle and started to blow to warn others of our presents.....:D

Fun stuff, again.

Dafishguy got his limit quick, so did I...

No mama's tonight, but good times!!!! :D:D

Skunk

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
A knife would have been handy to make a quick mess of that net. :mad: If they got ticked off, oh well. Let the man sort it out. Stupid poachers...

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like time for a pirate attack on them poachers. Did the man turn up before you left?
BTW Skunk, would you take 20$, half a pack of smokes and a forty a night to rent your spare room?:)
Sure, but last time it was a full pack of smokes. But I guess I can offer a bail out package in this economy. The mad netters got a surprise when they pulled their net up, that's all I'm gonna say...:D:D

Skunk

·
Registered
352 Posts
this mught be real stupid but... i don't care... did you have any hard evidence that they were in fact poachers?! i don't condone poaching at all but most people that i know fish with nets... gill, seine, throw is that poaching?!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I'll revise this later. But I do know that they were out by the SBC paddling around with no lights after setting the net. As far as I know you have to stay within 100 yard of your net after setting it...and they were waaaayyyy beyond 100 yards from their net. So that one violation I can vouch for. Who knows what kinda illegal by-catch they pulled up. I can't say.

Skunk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.