Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well...my schoolie reel finally starting shooting sparks and smoke when I engaged the bail. So I had to dissect it. Actually, I napped on the couch and Surfva worked on it..:D

We launched from home base for a paddle out to points unknown. Dafishguy, Surfva & I proceeded to get wet in mid-30's temps. :eek: Met Ben on the way out. Nice to meet you Ben.

Dafishguy got his game face on for his maiden voyage to the CBBT.

Surfva's typical cheese shot (fly's down...again: :--|):

Man...it was slow for me for the first hour or so. I managed one fish out by the SBC:

Had a few boats attempt to swamp me out there, but I have the boat names so the Chinese curse has been implemented on all vessels.

Dafishguy said he was workin' 'em over close to the beach, so we made our way back that way...and the schoolies were popping all over the ocean side off the span. From there on out, it was every cast..fish on! I can't say how much fun I had in those two hours when the blizt was in full force. Enough talk, let the pix speak...

They were really hungry out there. When a 23" striped side-eye inhales a whole Mirrolure, you know they're hungry..

It was a really glassy night, and fishees where rapacious & covetous!!!
Skunk

·
Registered
192 Posts
skunk thanx for the reports,keep em up,i love experiencing a little of the fishing adventures ya indure,great pictures, looks like somebody gonna eat good.wishing i was fishing.over and out.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Nice work guys. Congrats.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Nice job Skunk looks like the thre striped ones really like that mirrolure and thre red and white colors. What models mirrolures are you using TT 52M or ?, and it looks like you changed out the treble hooks also

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
awesome job as usual. Might have to back you guys up one night in my 17ft cc. You know carry drinks, snap pictures and chase down the boats that try to swamp ya maybe even give ya a tow when ya get tired as Ive seen you guys out there

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job Skunk looks like the thre striped ones really like that mirrolure and thre red and white colors. What models mirrolures are you using TT 52M or ?, and it looks like you changed out the treble hooks also
That Mirrolure is a TT 11. It still has the stock hooks on it, but the rear one lost one of the hooks on the treble due to over use. :D

Skunk

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
awesome job as usual. Might have to back you guys up one night in my 17ft cc. You know carry drinks, snap pictures and chase down the boats that try to swamp ya maybe even give ya a tow when ya get tired as Ive seen you guys out there
Sounds like a deal Mud. If you motor up to me, I will inevitably yell "Captain, state your intentions!!". Lots of boats seem to have no regard for us yakkers. I've seen folks gunning it full throttle thru the pile-ons and straight down the middle of the span. :mad: A couple of weeks ago, a head boat, which will go unnamed, spotted us bailing fish out near the SBC and muscled right up to the hole and blew it's horn at us. What an A-hole!!

Oh, I'm always on channel 68 when I'm out there.

Skunk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts