Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm laying on my couch dreaming about the Bahama's and get a rude awakening from some dude busting my door down. It turns out it was Surfva with rods ready and in a spry mood.

After I told him to fork off a couple of times, he managed to stir my lazy a*s up so I flicked on the VHF on W/X mode on and heard the report.....not good for the remainder of the week, but a small window to hit it, so we charged the scene and we loaded up.

Surprisingly the beach launch was rather uneventful... but the conditions would change whilst we were on the water...:rolleyes:

We both were floating an eel and casting grubs for schoolies. Surfva got into a little school while I was kvetching over my float getting tangled in my spare paddle (which is always good to have).

Ok, so it was a little slow tonight, but we managed to get our limit in roughly two hours. No sooner the wind picked up and we got our a*s handed to us with white caps and swells that were building. So we extracted rather quickly.....:D

Here's a few pix of the Monday night run.....

Now the weather sux, and I'll be cooped up till we get a reprieve.

I love catching Stripers, schoolies or hogs, it all good~~~

Skunk

·
Registered
122 Posts
What time were ya'll out there? Me and my buddy John launched from Alexander's around 8 and we werent seeing much action so we left around 9.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
We saw you fellas launch. We launched off of Seaview Ave., not more than five minutes after you were in the water. We were fishing the light line and did notice you extracting as my buddy SurfVa was landing his third Schoolie. We worked the pile-on's but only went maybe half way to the SBC. The past few weeks, it seems the Schoolies are bunching up right off the beach....eels and current = a tangle fork fest....whatever...we are on it next weather break....

Big Momma will show herself next time we float an eel rig out there!!!

Did JimmyJimmy get abducted by the slimey writhing daemon army?

Skunk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts