Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We trolled stretch 25's and threw buck tails at the 3rd and the 4th island. We had 2 keepers in the box by 7 am. We released a dozen or so shorts. We called it a day at 11am because we were cold and tired.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sharkbait, thanks for the report- at least we know that stripers are still in the bay. But some advice- striper season closed in the bay on 12-31 so you were keeping fish illegally if you were keeping fish on 1-5 in the bay. The ocean season is still opened. Also this board is focused on fishing from shore- there is a boating board also on this site for boating reports. Keep the reports coming but make sure you know the regulations- check out the VMRC website.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yea if you kept fish caught at the 3rd and 4th your illegal, were the 18+ in ? or 28+ in

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im glad i did not get checked by any game wardens on the way in. The fish were 38 in and 24 in. I got the keepers while i was trolling

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah, you were lucky. You can fish in the ocean for stripers and the min. size is 28", and you can bring them back into the bay in a boat. And you can catch and release in the bay. But if you have ocean caught fish on the boat and lines in the water in the bay then you can be fined.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yea alot of people think fishing the "ocean side" of the cbbt makes it legal, but its not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts