Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was the men's fishing weekend. I headed down on Thursday night. Crashed around 0400. Woke up around 1000 when BStalring called and said he was on his way.
]
Got down to the fort aroudn 1100. WInd blowing hard out on the NNE. 6 oz held until the grass swept it away. Some chick was catching short flounder beside us. 2 that I notice. After about an hour I had enough. We headed up to the rock and decided not to try to fish due to the water being so dirty. We headed to the house. I went out to the river on Friday evening. I caught some kind of fish but had no clue what it was. Headed back to the house and to the local Mexican place for dinner. Back home for a few shots of whiskey.

Woke up on Saturday to heavy rain and wind. I rode down to KB pier to watch people dragging in te spots. Wind 25+ mph with rain. The spot bite was on. 2 at a time I had to hide behind the shelter at the T to get out of the wind. We watched for a while before we headed back to the house. There were not that many people fishin but those that could stand the weather was getting rewarded for it.

We headed to the flea market. I stopped at Walmart and picked up some coastlock snap swivels. They had them priced wrong. Lets just say I bought they out. 5 packs. They make good fish finder rigs. I now have more than I will ever need.

Saturday night we went to Outback for steak. Got up this mornign to sushine and wind. We cleaned up the house and fishing stuff and headed home.

I did manage to crush 2 eyes on my 10'6" tica spinning rod. I guess that gives me something to do before I go fishing again.

Overall, the weather sucked but I did actually have a good weekend. Got to fish with Bill and his daughter and hang out with my oldest son and the rest of the family.

Darin

·
Registered
911 Posts
Nice to Meet you Finger.....
Now ya see why I didn't really wanna go to Da Ft....
I left Shortly after I talked with ya....
I was bummed out..
Sry...
Dave

·
Registered
234 Posts
I was down for the weekend, but didn't fish until Sunday due to the weather.

Hit the N end of CB and caught about 6 blues then the wind picked up (20-30) and I packed up. While I was out there I did see one of the biggest skates that I have ever seen.

I'll be down there next weekend to do a little diving, and hopefully some fishing as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts