Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find catfish in the Hampton roads area but am not having much luck. I dont really know that much about the James River and would prefer to not have to drive to Richmond to catch some cats. If anyone could point me towards a local river, or lake, or pond (in Va Beach) I would greatly appreciate it!!
Thanks for your help
Nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trying to find catfish in the Hampton roads area but am not having much luck. I dont really know that much about the James River and would prefer to not have to drive to Richmond to catch some cats. If anyone could point me towards a local river, or lake, or pond (in Va Beach) I would greatly appreciate it!!
Thanks for your help
Nick

Ditto! Any place around here that you can go to at night?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Chickahominy pier right next to the bridge on route 5 in Williamsburg. Big catfish
not really anymore. lots of fishermen. walk down the river to the point upriver of the pier. You MUST have a heaver if you do this, as the channel is about 150ft away.

I got a couple spots, by no means am I an expert. I am accused of being a meat hunter, as I would prefer 5 5lb fish for dinner than 1 25lb fish for polaroid.

if you wanna go one nite this week, the bite seems to be on the last hour of the tide. lemme know if u wanna go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.