Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard people catching flounder on minnow and squid combination. What's the presentation like?

Minnow through the lip with squid dangling?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well, that is what I use sometime. Kinda gives them a menu! :D

You can use one hook if you like, but the more hooks, could mean the more hook-ups........then again I don't catch many fish either....:mad:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Most guys make the sandwich with the minnow through the lips and the squid hooked once through the end an allowed to dangle on the same hook. DO NOT DEADSTICK IF YOU WANT TO CONSISTENTLY CATCH. I recommend CHSP pier from where the pier narrows back to the beach. This is probably the most consistent shore spot in DE/MD. 20-30 fish days can happen at times, just don't expect a keeper every trip. It gets frustrating because most of the fish are only an inch short. Lots of fun though, even if you don't get meat. You can always throw out a rod for croaker, spot, or trout if you are looking for a guaranteed meal.

·
Registered
291 Posts
i put a squid strip on the bottom and then put the minnow exactly on top. MAke sure the hook goes through the top of the strip and the lips of the minnow.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I like put the squid strip first,then the minnow second on the same wide gap hook.Cut fish works too every once in a while on wide gaps.What ever you rig;you need to keep it moving.You can dead stick somwhat,but if you dangle the minnow about 1ft above the botom.You can let the curent do the work for you with your rig barely scraping the bottom as it drifts or cast and retrive with heavier weight.If your Flounder fishing in a more crowded area the cast and retrive is the best method along with the dangleing method.The number one rule is keep the bait moving.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts