Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody catch anything yet. Haven't been out yet but I have the rods , reels , and tackle box ready after a break of a few years. I got the itch......................................................:fishing:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
The northern part of the Del bay has been pretty good and some of the headboats here have had good fish boated. Just tryin to find the time to get out.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have fished a shoreline spot on the Delaware Bay for the last three weekends (Sunday, Sunday, Yesterday) and caught stripers each day (5, 3, 8).

No keepers yet but |this close| :mad: :rolleyes:

All on bloodworms.

I am working north of Princeton so I am taking a shot at Raritan Bay Tuesday or Wednesday after work, should hit the falling tide just right. The mapping site says it's only 45 minutes to the water so what the heck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ruddedog
Since you mentioned headboats gotta tell ya, went out sat on Twilight fleet 18hour offshore Awsome Seabass to 6.5 pounds. First time I ever handed my rod to fishing buddy to reel in. Too tired from reeling. Hang my head in shame thinking about it.

Been down wildwood last three weekends, Haven't seen any surf action to speak of

Later

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Won't be long now, water temp is 47 degs. Workin nights this week. Maybe wednesday or thursady. we'll see.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am working north of Princeton so I am taking a shot at Raritan Bay Tuesday or Wednesday after work, should hit the falling tide just right. The mapping site says it's only 45 minutes to the water so what the heck!
Give the beach in Belford/Port Monmouth a shot, haven't heard any reports either way, but it's got a couple of parking lots right off the beach, a Pier near the one lot and several metal jetty's along the beach.

You can map it by going to Main Street and Port Monmouth Road, Belford, NJ.

One lot is right at Main Street, the other is about 5 blocks further west along Port Monmouth Road.

The Spy House Museum is located here as well. It was a location the British used to Spy on us during the Revolutionary War.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fished the pier at the Spy House on Wednesday. Caught 28 1/2" 9 lb. striper on first cast of season using clams. Another dude caught a shorty. The game ward was hounding us the minute we landed it on the beach. Make sure it's a keeper, they are on the lookout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.