1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
catch any fish today ?

just to chack to see if anyone did any plankin beach or boat fishn today

·
Registered
48 Posts
just got back!!!

Went to sandbridge (shore right next to Kabler) to try out my home made high low bottom rigs. There was an awesome bite when we got there at 4:30 caught a small something maybe youll know it was about 12" looked like a spanish mac, had some nasty looking teeth on him. He hit off of my cast splash. Then it was all croaker ranging from 7" on up to about 12" (grilling em now). As the bite died (with the out going tide) we pulled in a 18" shark!!!!! It was too small and too pretty to keep so threw em back in hopes that he will grow up and come back to me. Left at 8:45. Any one else??????

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont

know what kind either [ but i be willn to bet them fishs gon be gud :cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
SURE WERE!!!

I cooked em with Old Bay, butter, Lemon Juice, garlic, Cajun spice, and (my special ingredients) Bacos (lots of it). Cant wait for striper/blues season this winter/fall to start fileting the big uns.:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
by the way.

inawe,

If you were looking to go out Id go ahead and gamble that soon would be a good time for you to make the trip from richmond to try it out. If stuffs been bitting for me, out on the shore of sand bridge, Im sure that where ever it is you go they'll be runnin too! Id be willing to conceed that you better do it before the conditions change.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Croaker were biting pretty well at Yorktown beach, on the outgoing. Caught and released a 17" rockfish. Saw some old folks cleaning-up on smaller spot. gonna hit the Rappahannock tommorow, but not shore fishing.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oooh

i already know this cant wait tli striper season too got me a lil place ducked away for that one :D sand b man kinda wish it was fall the trouts was thick as mud last year caught a lotta bigms last year just the richmond side of gynns island got my limit in a hour no joke all hit on big cut spots hey keezy gud luck on th rapp headn strait to th power lines huh they were bitn gud last time i was there 1 month ago :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Very slow on the JRB

Fished the JRB yesterday from 10 to 2 then it got to hot for Mom. She caught one nice spot and we catch about seven very, very small spot. Someone said a man caught 4 nice croaker, but I didn't see anyone catch much. Did see one tiny flounder reeled in and I know the guy debated whether he was going to keep it. I mean no more than 8 or 9 inches. Luckily he threw it back because I know I won't have been able to keep my mouth shut. Fishing sure has been off this year. :(

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
try

grandview next time :D big spots and a smorgazborg of everything else

·
Registered
20 Posts

Hey Gang, I been checking this site out for a while and got around to joining it.I lve up here in Alberene,Va. just outside Charlottesville.I'm about five miles from theJames above Scottsville,when I'm not saltwater fishing,I'm chasing smallies in the James.I have a couple of buddies with boats who fish the bay and the tidal waters.I love pier fishing and surf fishing just as much.Matter of fact,I just returned from the Point at Hatteras enjoying the early red drum blitz.I used to live in Ocean View when I was in the Navy and used to fish Harrison"s.I'm looking forwardto fishing the new Pier and meet some P.S.Y.C.O. members. Tight Lines,Buggman 50

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Welcome aboard, Buggman 50!

Optimism for an entirely awesome season of fishing seems to abound. Hope you get a chance to make it out our way and wet a line. Would love to see you make one of our PSYCO meetings... last Saturday of each month in Ocean View.

Jim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.