Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys...

I have started to notice a lot of different casting techniques when i go to the pier. I see some folks let their weights lay on the deck, some hold the rod over their head. I have even seen some guys running up to the edge of the pier before letting it fly. MY question is: What are some of you guys favorite methods for casting??? I prefer to let my weight hang just before it touches the deck and then I step into my throw to get the distance i want.

MC

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Is funny you bring up casting techneques on this page rather than the casting page :p .However theres thousands of different ways to cast www.breakawayusa.com/pages/howto www.sea-angling-ireland.org/distance20%cast a sinker with baited hooks.I like the cast were you drop the sinker on the ground and cast and the cast were you drag the sinker along the ground and cast.Be aware about trying a pendulum cast or some of those casts on the breakaway page can be extremly dangerous if you mess up. :eek:.I also use that method too,but if you pay attetion to what makes your casts better,put some power into your casts,and be safe wile doing it you'll get it out there without any confrentations. :)

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Because of the restricted space on most piers I hold my rod in about the 10:00 oclock position with the sinker about 12" off the deck. As I start my cast I can feel the rod load up which is just before the 12:00 o'clock position. At this point I take a step forward and release about at the 1:00 o'clock position. It's really a matter of feel on the release but it should happen when your rod is about 95% loaded. Don't know if this make any sence to you but that's how I do it.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I like to swing my weight if possible just to build momentum. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts