Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an information source on the different casting styles that I've read about - pendulum, off the ground, UNI-Tech,....

I have my own styles for low and high reel positions and can cover a decent (unmeasured) distance, but I know I can get out there further.

Where should I look for information I can use to improve my style? It's not easy for me to travel to tournaments or practices.

I really appreciated the welcome to the board and wish you all a peaceful holiday, and a New Year full of personal bests . . .

·
Registered
680 Posts
fishrung. if you go to the breakaway board, there is a video prepared by nick meyer. he also stars in it. it does show you the different ways to cast. also neil mac kellow has one. either or both will be of value.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Okay Cdog, or should I say Santa. I see you're busy filling last minute Xmas wishes.
or
As usual, seems you wanna be prepared well in advance. Could it be you're brushing up to join the local fire dept. You know, for next year's annual neighborhood Holiday Greeting Patrol. ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
kozlow, when you get links for this site you will see hatteras jacks website and neil mackellows .neil is or was the world record holder for distance.[421.8]. also breakaway is there,if you look hard you will find their videoss. hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks for
the links for long distance casting.
Billr,Cdog,Kastaway,and a official thanks
to Longcaster.

Tight lines and awsome times.
From the sunshine state.
Kozlow

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Billr, Yep, you're right. Cross the IC from Morehead City and you're there. Fort Macon, with its rock jetties is at the north end. I use the Oceanana Pier occasionally, but prefer the beach.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sources of info you should try and track down are-

JOHN HOLDEN.
* Long Distance Casting. 1982.
ISBN 946284008

JOHN HOLDEN.
The Beach Fishermans Tackle Guide. 1983.
ISBN 096284253

PAUL KERRY.
Long Range Casting and Fishing Techniques. 1984. ISBN 0947674039

* John Holdens first book is available in PDF format on a catalogue CD put out by VEALS, http://veals.co.uk/

Also there are 3 videos that I have, PAL format, (maybe more now) that demonstrate the casts for learning.

'Long Distance Casting' by John Holden.

'Casting Further' by Dave Docwra.

'Going The Distance' by Neil Mackellow.

Enjoy the search.
Rod.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.