Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
You must learn to use your thumb to control the speed of the spool.Try casting with smooth movements,not really trying for distance.Practice as much as you can.
Jake

·
Registered
143 Posts
the knob on the left will tighten the spool then you can loosen it as you get better. Like Bjake said you got to be SMOOTH almost slow motion you will get it. My son is your age took him 2weeks and a spool of line before he started to get good now that boy can chuck GOOD LUCK kid don't give up

·
Registered
93 Posts
Drop the line weight down to 20# and fill the spoolshort, about a 1/2" from the lip. And as said, adjust your bushing tension, and a mag would probably help. Try putting some heavier weight oil on the bushings as well.

Scott

·
Registered
143 Posts
OK wearing thin I got a 13 home and he's my fishing partner so that is to tight loosen it
or there is some line stuck in it take the left side off and remove the spool put some oil in it while your in there if your throwin 2or more ozs then that seaboy will chuck just fine
don't worry about no mags other reels and such work with what you got you can't mag no plastic spool anyway get your mom to buy you some 20lb line full the spool three quarters and just play around there isn't much differance between to tight and not tight on that knob if you learn that reel and you will you'll be set for life cast anything
just go slow and smooth grasshopper took my boy two weeks to get it with no help from me well a little the first day then nun I would have killed him with all the winein "it's to hard I can't do it" you can do it to

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Buy a reel better suited to casting that reel is not realy ment to be casted
I agree. I used own that reel.

Not to be rude but other than party boat fishing for sea bass and croaker, I can't think of a good use for that reel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.