Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
go ahead and laugh, but I have an idea. I was going to try it out this past weekend, but forgot the needed apparatus.

Has anyone seen these 3 man sling shots used to launch water balloons? I have one that will launch a water balloon 300+ yards. My thinking is 8-10oz.+bait with a short leader on the hook in one of these things will go a hell of alot farther than anyone can cast. And it wouldnt rip out of the bait on the "cast".

I am thinking that if the shock was already out past the tip and the bail open on a spinning reel, this would seriously cover some distance.

Let the ridicule begin.....but I am just tired of fish being 20' out too far.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I think that it was this site where this has been discussed in detail, and everytime the general consensus leads to "terrible idea". Work the search function and I think you will find a thread or 2 and I think one even included a disasterous video of an attempt

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
go ahead and laugh, but I have an idea. I was going to try it out this past weekend, but forgot the needed apparatus.

Has anyone seen these 3 man sling shots used to launch water balloons? I have one that will launch a water balloon 300+ yards. My thinking is 8-10oz.+bait with a short leader on the hook in one of these things will go a hell of alot farther than anyone can cast. And it wouldnt rip out of the bait on the "cast".

I am thinking that if the shock was already out past the tip and the bail open on a spinning reel, this would seriously cover some distance.

Let the ridicule begin.....but I am just tired of fish being 20' out too far.
Check with Sand Flea, the board's owner. He tried something like that. I don't recall that it dismembered anyone, but I'm not sure. :D

Bill:fishing:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Yup, Flea tried that idea and after many months of rehab and I still ain't sure about the minor brain surgery but he is mostly normal again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I made one for my Uncle a few years ago. I welded a "field goal" looking thing together and put a 3 man water balloon launcher on it. we made it where it would slide down in the side of his bed on his truck. He said it worked well, but was a hassle to use. I never saw it in action though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Here is the thread that had so much discussion on it:

http://www.pierandsurf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27872

Everything from remote control helicopters to slingshot to a torpedo sub designed for taking out baits you can buy from overseas somewhere. Might be in this thread, I dont remember, but there is a guy who made a cannon for bait launching. You have to freeze the bait pucks to shoot them. There are vids posted on the web.

It's a long post, but worthwhile read. Some good ideas and some just plain funny stuff. Reading it reminds me of those old videos where the guys are all trying to build flying machines. You have everything from boards covered with feathers flapping to some that actually flew a little. No stone is left unturned!

- Luther

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
cerbuasl: squirrel launcher

I'm still crying tears of laughter to the video of the squirrel launcher..lol

That has to be the most funny video I have everr seen on ytube..

some may say it is cruel but when you have to put up with them pesky things around your home (plus the squirrel didn't get hurt) eating your veggies plants etc..... I don't think Mr. Squirrel will fall for that again...:):):):):):):):)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry....

Ok I didnt realize this had been discussed and tried before. Not as original as I thought. However, I have watched the squirrel video a dozen times and cant stop crying.....

As stated in another post, I do use another method in freshwater. I have a R/C boat with release clips mounted on the back. I can drop a bait anywhere withing my 400' radio signal. It's more of a novelty then anything else.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.