Pier and Surf Forum banner

Casters in Cary, NC?

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Matt Tuers 
#1 ·
Anyone here live in the Raleigh-Durham-Cary area of North Carolina who'd like to get together on the field here locally maybe once a month for a long distance casting session? If there's already a club here, I'd love to hear about that too.

Me? I got into casting to be more versatile at the beach and impress myself on the field, but I'd like to hang with folks from anywhere in the tournament/fishing spectrum.

#3 ·
Bond Park has a nice big field... and a lake (if the field is in use and you're not worried about measuring distances). Davis Drive Park has a huge field. Lake Crabtree County Park too. There's also a big drainage lake in RTP near NetApp. Very quiet, but just water to cast into. I use Google Earth and its measuring tool to find locations, and I'll check out the Apex-Holly Springs-Fuquay area and report back.

For practicing technique only, I put some i-bolts through baseballs and those only go about 100 yards, so I have a lot more location options there. For lead weights, I need about 200 yards of room to cast just to play it safe. You?

#5 ·
Okay - do you know anything about these spots?

-Norris Park (910 S. Hughes Street, Apex)
-field at the end of Perry Road (Apex)
-Parrish Womble Park (Holly Springs)

I'll scout them out next time I'm down there unless you get a chance to do it first.

G
#7 ·
I would be interested. Over on the other side in Willow Spring.

I use a school on Cleveland School road off NC42 at I40. But just remembered a soccer field off old us1 just south of friendship road that may be good over on that side.

#8 ·
Goldstar Soccer Complex? Looks great on Google Earth. Norris Park is nearby as a backup. Question is, when are people usually playing soccer at places like Goldstar? Saturday mornings and afternoons?

I'd be able to meet up there really any time on Saturdays or Sundays between sunrise and sunset. Maybe even 6:00 a.m. on a weekday with some advance notice. Want to give me some ideas as to your schedules and when you think we have the best shot of having the field to ourselves?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.