Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, it's great to be here. It means I'm finally going to make it back to Assateague after about 10 years. Hopefully this is the start of something. Heading down Friday morning for a couple nights at the state park. The plan is to just fish out front from the campground.

Getting to my question, I'm pretty sure someone who should've known (DNR biologist) told me years ago of several road crossings near Assateague where you could cast net menhaden. The one I seem to remember was a crossing on Assateague Road (the road to Berlin from Buck's Place). Looking at Google Earth there's a crossing about a half mile from that intersection and maybe another one just under three miles from there. Anyone know if this is true? If so, are they there this time of year. I'm pretty efficient with a cast net but don't want to waste my time.

Thanks, maybe I'll run into some of you this weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough. I've just always liked throwing a cast net for my own bait. Thanks for the info about Kool Ice, I'll look them up and come ready. I'd still like to know if anyone knows about some good locations near Assateague for catching bait (without a boat).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.