Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used to hit Hatteras Inlet for netting up some mullet. Are the cobs still around, or are there any productive spots I'm missing? THX!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Water is still warm, the Cobs can be everywhere, if you are not getting any then you have to move.

They are still catching Big Drum in Nags Head in November, so it is the El Nino effect.

If you want a secret spot send $$$ (as in Five hundred) to Chicago and I will provide directions and maps to sure fire holes on Hatteras no one goes to because of the concentration of water moccasins, mosquitos and alligators, and because it is quite a hike in or a long boat ride, you cannot just pull up in your truck to a spot anymore, cause someone was likely all ready in there with a net before you that day.....

Or you can check with Nick

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snakes & gators, no problem. Huge ass mosquitos, minor problem. Sloppy netting seconds, major problem!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sandbar & Grill used to be good. You can try Leola La.(both sides), sometimes its okay. I always liked that short canal on right across from the old amusement park in Rodanthe. Just used your head and don't act like a damn yankee... listening little Salt??

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Water is still warm, the Cobs can be everywhere, if you are not getting any then you have to move.

They are still catching Big Drum in Nags Head in November, so it is the El Nino effect.

If you want a secret spot send $$$ (as in Five hundred) to Chicago and I will provide directions and maps to sure fire holes on Hatteras no one goes to because of the concentration of water moccasins, mosquitos and alligators, and because it is quite a hike in or a long boat ride, you cannot just pull up in your truck to a spot anymore, cause someone was likely all ready in there with a net before you that day.....

Or you can check with Nick
The spots are as scarce as the mullet this year... Even with MANY SPOTS you might catch a handful.. Worst I've seen it EVER!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts