Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill be in carova all week, hopefully can start fishing tomorrow. I arrived yesterday with only a few feet of beach to drive on to get to the house, at low tide. Today the ocean isn't nearly as high, but I know im not going to hold, its still REALLY rough. Maybe I can throw some metal this afternoon, we'll see.

I'll post up my report daily, good or bad, but I'm really hoping for my first drum this week.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hit the incoming this afternoon at 3 for a little while. Nothing. Too hard to cast into a 25 NE wind. Talked to a guy this morning on my way to town for my license and bait that picked up 2 nice pups. That was when it was a bit less windy and coming from the N.

· Premium Member
5,785 Posts
That beach can be tough to drive when there's a NE, both around Swan and about a mile north of the fire station. Skinny as hell, followed by stretches that are so flat and hard and wide you could drive a sedan on them.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The West winds are here and looks like they'll be staying the rest of the week. Nothing this morning, not even pan fish. The current is still running South from the storm. Southern parts of the beach have grass pretty bad, The last mile or so North near the border are OK, the current is keeping it further South.

Didn't see anyone catching anything but fly bites anywhere on the beach this morning. No bait pod sightings anywhere in the 3 miles I covered this morning.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This afternoon was dead . The blues were chasing bait in close, but were very small. No takers on small spoons.

The fishing at dusk didn't happen, couldn't get away from the damned biting flys. Too bad to even try, packed up and headed back to safe ground.

Wind has since shifted to from the S/SW . I just hope tomorrow morning is good before the inevitable grass gets here if this wind stays the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.