Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As yesterday's Marine forcast held true too form, winds were blowing around 20+ with gust's up too 35 outta the NW yesterday morning. Venturing down to the ole Center Pier area I jumped over the Public access onto to the golden sands of the beach excited. Not a cloud in the sky, looking around the beach taking off my shoes, touching the chilly sand, my bare feet got chills as I began my walk down too the water.
Glancing around there was just a few hardy souls that took this great oppertunity to catch some great fishing as the water was FLAT! Just a small 1 1/2 ground swell breaking on the golden sands, crashing gently onto the shore.. Wind at my back, blowing gently, as the waters edge was protected from the blowing wind by the sand dunes behind me, I baited up and casted about 100 yds into the water, which looked slightly green but just also slightly murky brown being LOW tide, I watched my 3 oz. sinker splash in the calm sea way out in front of me.
Wintin minutes of casting My rod bent over, excited I jerked and cam up with my first fish of the morning, a small pompanoe. Casting again With baited shrimp, my next cast produced a 3/4 lb. Whiting (sea mullet to ya'll other folks), .. And the next 3 hours produced more whiting, 2 spots, pompanoe for my total catch for the day was about a dozen whiting (I threw the little guys back) .. lotsa sunshine, pleasure and having a great time talking to a older gentelman, whom caught his fair share of whiting for dinner too. And bluefish which started coming in about 2:30 pm... the water started clearing better as I was leaving (green) and I gotta say it was a perfect day on the beach........ I think I may try to go again on Fri....
Sincerly David.... :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Center pier

Hey...where is this Center pier area... I have seen it mentioned in several posts...thanks...

as always......still....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Great report LEADDRAFT. Sounded like a near perfect day. Keep um' coming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts