Pier and Surf Forum banner

Carolina Beach

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Finger_Mullet 
#1 ·
We are heading down to Carolina Beach Easter Weekend. Anyone else gonna be down?

I think Luvs2fish is planning on coming down for the day on Saturday. BStarling may make it unless he has plans. I have to call him. I figure Firespyder will be there unless he has to work or is heading up to Hatteras or Ocracoke.

If we have enough we can put together a little early Festivus.

Darin

#2 ·
I fished a few hole today at Fort Fisher

Man what a nice day.

I got some kicking mullet (strong Cobs) LOpped them up into bait and set out some guidelines. (cause thats all the heavers were good for today). I ended up with one skate all day.

Anyhow, for those who dont know, I have broke out of my comfort zone and got a daiwa 30h ive been toying with. So far so good. A couple of things though. My crutch on the 25 mags are the slidey. Strong wind in my facem I throw it at six. Wind at my back, I can throw it on four. I dont have to mess with the spool tension. On the daiwa, Ive been toying with the spool tension to get the right set up again as it was different in Ocracoke cause of the wind. this will take some gettin gused to. I felt like I was hitting it pretty hard today and it was nice and smooth every cast.

#7 ·
I'm in Carolina Beach full time....., but I promised my wife we'd go away for Easter Weekend, kinda like living in heaven and going to Hell for vacation....there is no better fishing base than this island....I wish I was going to be here to meet and fish with you. The Whiting are starting to bitefrom the pier, sting rays and skate are still abusing us and a few black tip sharks....good fish comming !!!! My buddy Reload is arriving from frigid Massachusetts tomorrow, he'll find fish....he HUNTS fish, he doesn't fish for them !!!

#9 ·
Kure Beach Pier closed yesterday until his opening day 3/21/2008 7 AM....North end pier is still open...I've been fishing off the end of the pier....left corner at Kure Beach, right corner at north pier....those corners seem to have nice holes that if you hit them just right, the bite is on with FRESH shrimp....can't wait to be fishing from the sand !!!

#14 ·
Easter Weekend

Depending on who is coming, I may have to thumb a ride on the beach. We are bringing my wife's Subaru and I doubt I will try it on the beach. My little red Tacoma is staying at home.

Or we can fish the pier. I would rather fish the north end around the inlet unless they are catching them off the pier.

Will it be safe to strap the heavers to the luggage racks on top of her car??

Darin

#16 ·
Thanks Danny!!!

I was hoping you would say that. I don't like being without a ride. The wife said I would have to clean out my truck before we took it to the beach. I said fine, we can just take your car.

I thought about seeing if it would handle the North end but I would hate to screw it up.
I think she woudl kill me.

I am not bringing but 2 heavers. I doubt I will need much more. I have a couple of new spots I want to try.

Darin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.