Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out on the north end of Carolina Beach yesterday afternoon. Great conditions other than no fish!!:eek: Fished for about 3 hours without a strike. Conditions were perfect. At least in my book. Very little break, and wind. Thought I was going to really hit it. On the way home visited the piers. Not catching much on either Carolina Beach Pier, or Kure Beach Pier. A few spot and small blues. Other than that very little action.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Rapter, the last couple years i have fished often at CB. In my opinion the north end is not that great a fishin hole. I've seen plenty of blues near the point, some drum at night around the point. I been out there plenty of times along with a ton of other folks and seen very little caught. I hear many folks think the Fort Fisher area is better. CB is good for flounder and sheepshead, but you have to put your time in for the flounder. Lots of quality, but the quantity isn't as good as say-morehead/atlantic beach area. I kind of move around to different beaches for different fish. Trout, Sea mullet-i like atlantic beach. Flounder-Carolina. I intend to try the Oak Island area next year, haven't fished to much down there. Sorry for all the rambling. Flatty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts