Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening Folks, at last have a decent report... :D Arrived @ the Pier around 8:30 this morning.. Just Bottom fishing Today..
Success on FRESH Shrimp, Falling Tide, a Few SPOTS & Blues & Pan Sized Black Drum. (I didn't see a "Legal" One caught all Day).. Large Pomps & Butter bean Mullet.. LOTS of Bait in the Water, Popeyes,, Flounder Size to some Big Roe Mullets in the surf.. Seen a Few Legal Flounder caught.. 16+ inches or so dragging Mullet OR cutbait along the Pilings..
Some Bluefish thrown in for good Measure..

Water was Rough & Dirty when I arrived, though the Wind Layed down some,, 10-15 mph, Water cleaned up nicely.. 3 to 4ft ground swells..
When the Tide turned, on the Rising Tide... SPOTS turned on Big time... 2 @ a time... BIG SPOTS, (I almost couldn't reel'em up if I had a Double)..
Ran out of Shrimp, feeding Pinfish-Jacks-catching a Spot now & then, on Shrimp..
FIL came to My rescue, brought Me some Bloodworms... I then was on FIRE!!!! :fishing: Filled up a cooler w about 40+ pounds of Spots,, (Lil larger than a 12 packer, More like a case.. :p)
I left After I ran out of Bait, (Blood Worms),, Plus it was starting to get alil Crowded... Mostly had the Pier to My lonesome until about 4PM..
Water Temp is 79.. Spotty Showers.. Air Temp 80 degrees .. Come catch'em Up!! :fishing:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh, I almost forgot... I caught croakers also... The Biggest croakers I seen in years, being caught Today.. A couple were almost 2 pounds Each... I almost mistaken them for puppydrum... Yeah, It's been that long since I seen then that Large, in numbers at that...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Very cool, glad you had a good day, especially with lots of elbow room. Going to rodanthe the weekend of the sixteenth of October. Hoping for good weather and some fish to keep the ice company.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts