Pier and Surf Forum banner

Capital Longcasters

1686 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  longcaster
Is anybody going to be practicing at Anacostia Park, this Saturday 7/5/03 , if so at what time? I need to get my casting technique tuned up. Last year I bought the Breakaway video, and seem to do that Unicast, pretty well, probably somewhere around 400- 450 feet . The other off the ground cast where you twist around more, before you initiate the cast , my direction is off and I'm flattening out on that. I've never seen anybody do the pendulum cast , I'd like to see someone do that.
My equipment is a twelve foot Ugly Stick. This is not a store bought rod , but an ugly stick blank I bought and wrapped myself.
I use an Abu Garcia 6500-Ultrcast.
What's a good reel oil to use? This stuff I bought at Walmart, seems to be doing me more harm than good.

Seabass
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
seabass,

Right name wrong park. There are two casting clubs in DC, Potomac and Capital. Potomac practices are held at Anacostia park while Capital practices are held at Kennilworth park.

Anthony
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.