Pier and Surf Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was in Cape May last week. Best action was at Sunset Beach, but not with my rod. One day I caught about 30 spot with my throw net. Tried using one for bait but had no luck. Another day, same beach, I caught 4 12" needlefish in the throw net. Never saw one of those before - they're cool looking fish! Next time I'll take pictures.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hey guys next time you're coming down let me know. We'll sling some lead. I get every other weekend off.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Spent last week in Cape May. Highlight of the week was catching a 3' bull shark off the Town Bank beach. :eek:
Yup. Showed the pics to a friend of mine, Rutgers University, Marine Biologist. Definitely a baby bull. The shovel shaped head, large eyes and large nose holes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ill be staying with my girlfriend and her family on the coast guard base this weekend(10-12 to 10-14), Im bringing mirrolures, gulps and jigheads, topwaters and bucktails. What else should I bring? Should I bring waders? Im trying to catch some weakfeesh, stripers and bluefish. Any chance of that happening?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Don't tell anybody but I heard of a few puppy drum in the mix down that way. Fresh finger mullet (readily available at no cost with a cast net) on a fishfinder rig should get results.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Ill be staying with my girlfriend and her family on the coast guard base this weekend(10-12 to 10-14), Im bringing mirrolures, gulps and jigheads, topwaters and bucktails. What else should I bring? Should I bring waders? Im trying to catch some weakfeesh, stripers and bluefish. Any chance of that happening?
Bring some top & bottom rigs with ya as well. Like Philly said, there have been some red drum pups caught, fresh finger mullet and peanut bunker if ya have a cast net.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It turns out we were staying in Sea Isle City, Saturday night I found a bridge walked around to the pilings at the bottom cast to the channel and caught about a 15" winter fluke. I saw people during the day catching blues on frozen mullet but that was about it. Im thinking about planning a trip for next year.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Fished the Lighthouse area Sat-Sun. All the snappers you wanted on finger mullet, nothing else. Ranger told me that a few puppy drum and black drum were caught but no striper seen. Massive bird blitz Sunday AM out front, it was awesome sight.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Fished various spots around the Cape Fri-Sat, no bass seen. Caught my first ling, had to ask somebody what it was, never seen one.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts