Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news for Cape henry and Va [email protected] of my fishing buddies have had some amazing catches as of late.First jan 2 my friend dave got 6 stripers from 34 to 40 inches on mojo, flourescent green in 60 ft water near the carolina border. Then today i go into work and my bud harold went out friday jan 9th and landed 5 stripers at cape henry in 80 ft of water smallest fish was 15 lbs. then 2 in the 25 lb range. then if you check the va fishing tourny leadears list is a fat a$$ 46lb 4 oz 43 inch rock caught on a stretch 30+ In the snow .What a day they had deep trolling rough seas . this sucker had a head on it bigger then him and he is 6-3 235. I just had to add that even though its boaters board material this is where i generally fish and report to .So there are some monsters out there.
Just to add to those that disect there fish 's stomachs it had 4 menhaden about 12 inches each and several half digested unidentifiables in its gut.

Damn i need a boat!!!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
I just read a post about a good bite and running 30 mph in a two foot chop and was thinking . . .

damn I need a bigger boat. :( :)

Tom

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Hmmmmmm.......I got the last of my frozen bunker and spot to use up and a couple new lures and some new line on my 20.........the R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts