Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing / reading alot about the cape henry area. Is this the open water area off of rudee inlet where you can see boats grouped together. My father and I have been trying to catch a good bite of strippers the past 3 trips to no avail. Any info on bait ,times ,techniques ,tides would be of great help.:D:D:D:D. We will be in a 21' sea pro cc . If we go and you see us stop on by. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Cape Henry is the mouth of the Bay area in front of Fort Story. Don't believe the hype, those fish are headed to the state line area and will winter off shore there. Cape Henry is a good place to catch fish but there will be an armada there. Drive up the Ocean front and look for bait balls and gannetts and drop lines in those area. Good Luck!

Ben

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Troll thru Dam Neck , SB and to the NC line.
You'll hear the boat chatter.

Mojo's tied to 3 way swivels.....have a Stetch or an Atom as the trailers...even one of em big Chesapeake bay shads..

Just be mindful of the 3 mile marker.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all the input guys. The old man has been dying to hit the ocean out of rudee. He will be very pleased. BTW We are going out the day after x-mas. Also what channel should we be on? Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.