Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the pier from about 7 am - 11 am on Sat., can we say windyyyyy, man was it windy out there, fished with not so frersh spot and smelt, caught several Ling Cod. Headed to IRI fished for about 1 hour, too much sand blowing for me; headed back to the pier and caught more Ling and one skate.

Had a great time out there. My wife thinks am nuts for fishing on Sat., I told her that I wasn't the only nut out there. Were one big happy family, hear that D2.

Kept serveral of the Ling and fried one up after I got home, not bad tasting.

Stopped at the Old Inlet shop before IRI, nice store lots of nice rods. Sat. fishing with all that wind I realize I do need a heaver.

And I got to make something to protect my rods and line from that fence there. Had one of my rods bend right over, I thought a nice striper on, when I when to pick the rod up and set the hook; the line broke right where it had be resting on the fence.

Overall a great Saturday fishing in Del., windy conditions and all.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Orest,
That pier is miserable in the wind! At least you got out..maybe we'll see you there in the Spring when the trayt show up! April and May are great before the crowds show.:)

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are there still stripers there? I might try it next weekend or maybe one off the pull off areas and try the surf.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts