Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liam and I fished the pier today and here's how we did: We arrived at 6am still dark got lines out and started catching fish right away..used fresh cut spot on fish finder rigs..caught 5 Ling 1 Trout 1 blacktip many skates and had blues chasing our baits all morning and afternoon(the year of the small blues in DE '03) We did play with Bass Assasins for awhile and I caught one striper about 18" and Liam managed to catch 5 about the same size..too bad we weren't in MD..one was 22" and would have tasted pretty good..these little puppies were schoolie size but chunky..I think they are just sitting at that pier fattening up on shiners..maybe by Thanksgiving they'll be keepers..Ran into Billr..it was good to see you thanks for the tips..I need you to take me surf fishing one day..let's see if we can get out this fall..as we were leaving the tide was really low ..it's amazing how many sloughs and holes there are on the Cape flats..no wonder wade fishing is so popular in warm weather! That's all..if anyone else was out there I did not see you...no fish for the cooler but all in all a great day.:) :)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Murphman, we must be on a wavelength. Caught two ling cod (wasn't sure if they were sayimg ling or link cod). Both around teninches, and told very good eating, but looking, wouldn't know how to clean, what to eat or how to cook. Let both go, but in case there is a next time..how do you clean (fillet, or scale cut and bake)? How was Liam's party? Or better yet, "Little Murph", did ya have fun? Happy Hallowen little big man ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
it was good to see you and liam murph. the little guy sure got excited catching those rock. to him they were big fish.there is the angler of the month. the fish doen't have to be 40" to make you the angler. heck ,on occassion any one catches a big fish, it doesn't make you the angler of the year. to see a kid catch working tje rod on his own and catching fish,and see the look on his face, he's the one. he gets my vote.:cool: :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts