Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, long time Sussex County Fisherman. Fished Massey's Ditch on Saturday 08/30/03, 1 10" flounder on a plain minnow. Sunday 08/31/03, fished from boat in IRI and drifted along burton's island caught 6 throwback flounder, largest was 16.5 were using live mullet on pink teaser w/ bead and flasher(spoon)..caught live mullet 08/29/03 after dark in lingo creek, you could have walked across them...took my 6 yr. old out to Cape Henlopen on Monday 09/01/03...caught 4 spot over 10" and 1 9.5" croaker. Arrived at 7am, fished skinny part of pier..all fish caught on incoming tide....all on bloods...fished a lot of different baits all afternoon packed up around 4:30. Heading down this weekend not sure about fishing spot..may try to hit Roosevelt Inlet on the incoming tide. It's been a pleasure reading all of your informative posts. I hope I can add something to the forum. Tight Lines All! Murph:)

·
Registered
680 Posts
on sat. morning the special olympics will be held on cape henlopen pier, from 9-12. it will be a little crowed to where it narrows out, then should be ok.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cape Henlopen Sat. 09/06/03

I will probably fish Massey's or IRI on sat am. My son and I usually fish the pier on Sunday's. Special Olympics is a great cause. Are the fall games in Sussex this weekend or is it just a fund raiser? Does anyone know how long the fishing stays good on the pier into the fall? I have been a boater for a number of years and have just started focusing on pier, shore, and inlet fishing this year...I am aware that all fishing seasons are weather related but would just like some feedback regarding the fall season. I plan on doing a few Lewes headboat trips this fall. Let me know if anyone is interested! Tight lines to all! Murph:)

·
Registered
680 Posts
the olympics are the first sat. after labor day every year. the del.mobile fishermen help by judging and helping out the participants. when over at noon we assist in getting food servered ,and help in general. asfor fishing the pier and along the beaches by the pier, the fishing is usually pretty good until after thanksgiving. sometimes[for rock] into jan.:cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
murphman,

We have probably run into each other without knowing it. I fish Massy every weekend, usually arrive before dawn and fish until 8-9:00 when everyone else gets up. I'll probably be down there this Sat - fishing at the end of the pier - have a tan hat on with a United Methodist logo on it - Introduce yourself, maybe you know something more about Massey than I do - I get spot, pearch, rays, small bass, and throwback flatties.

Maybe see you Sat. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts