Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Cape Henlopen pier yesterday with Tunafish and Huntsman. Got there around 4pm and fish till around 11pm. In all it was on and off all night except for the tons of skate we caught. I personally had caught about 15. I went home with 3 croaker (15") and one ling (10"). Tuna caught 1 15" croaker and about 5 10" ling. Huntsman had only one croaker but at least 2 15" throwback striper. We all caught a bunch of small ling aroun 6-8". In all it was an eventful night and we caught more stuff than the last month on the bay in one day.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What is a ling?

Is it a type of Cod? The internet shows many different pictures of different fish, all of which are called Ling. Anyone have a good pic?
- Surfman

·
Registered
680 Posts
orest. there are several. coming from md. i'd guess you come over404 to georgetown, then east on rt.9. when you cross rt.1 going east there is henlopen tackle abouit 1/4 mi. in o n right. also go l south on rt.1 and approx 1/4 mi. is R & R tackle.if you go past henlopen tackle and stay on savanah rd [rt 9] as you cross bridge go left by the lighthouse rest. to end of road. there is lewes harbor marina tackle. they are the most convient places. henlopen tackle is the easiest to find plus they open earlier. tell him to get your bait and no bs. tell him i said so.

hope this helps. bill

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just fried some up yesterday and mighty yummy, at least I think so. The texture is similar to catfish and the meat is very white as well.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey reddog, glad to see you are making it around more often. (You know life doesn't revolve around SPSP;) ) J/K Keep it up you guys might have to be inducted into the warrior team soon:eek: :cool: LOL Good report.:)

·
Registered
565 Posts
monkfish is poor mans lobster. ling are good eating. i actually target them on mid winter wreck trips. you get some good size ones off shore. up to a couple of pounds.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I think that Ling cod that are caught from shore and the ones that are caught from the wrecks are a different species. I remember trying the ling cod that I caught from shore didn't taste that good but the ones that I caught from the wrecks tasted really good. I may have to join Duke on some of those Ling trips.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts