Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to physical conditions I can't yak at 59 , but I'd like to venture into solo type fishing like I see yaks do
So I'm wondering if a inflatable dinghy will get it done 12-16 electric or small outboard,
Fishing the CBBT , Kip ships , Lyn inlet , rudee inlet , pamlico sound , and so on
Old salt ain't got many yrs left but I'd like to catch a little more before I'm done

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
There are several companies now making micro skiffs. The Bote rover is essentially a paddle board with a 6hp outboard on it, solo skiff is another company, saw something the other day called a skanoe. Watch one video on u-tube and they keep popping up with more.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are several companies now making micro skiffs. The Bote rover is essentially a paddle board with a 6hp outboard on it, solo skiff is another company, saw something the other day called a skanoe. Watch one video on u-tube and they keep popping up with more.
Those skiffs are nice but they are pretty expensive , skanoe's are nice but I'm not sure about being in the bay in one unless it's dead
flat and I weigh 275 so I flip that like a yak I got zero chance of getting back on
I'm looking at either a Kaboat or dinghy 13-18 ft , at boats to go . Just not sure what size would be best in the area's I mentioned, the main reason for this choice is storage even the 18 takes up minimum space , the down fall is probably takes a half hour to set up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts