Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming to down to Kitty Hawk next weekend for a fun filled week of fishing. Normally I fish around the OI bridge, Davis channel etc but I would like include the Canadian hole this trip. Are there any do's and DONT'S that I should be aware of? i know the wind surfers like to use that area during the weekends, so I don't mind waiting till later in the week to fish it. I would really like to hook up with a trophy trout this trip. I will be staying up at Kitty Hawk and fishing all the way south down to Rodanthe. Any comments are welcome. If you see a Plain white jeep cherokee, front rod rack, and the old man driver smoking a pipe, that is me. Stop me and say hello.....:fishing:

Wesley

·
Registered
490 Posts
Generally speaking at this time of year your northen beaches are going to produce better then southern sound water. I would be fishing the beach around Avalon pier or maybe north toward Duck research pier, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
canadian hole is alot further south than rodanthe, and sees quite a bit of pressure fishing, and disturbanses from windsurfers liek u mentioned
...just a thought..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, kinda of nice finding other options. Drumrun you have a good point. Maybe a trip to Avalon and/or Duck instead of Canadian Hole is in order. Chris, thank you for the reply. I don't like to fish in crowded places, or areas that see a lot of constant pressure either from fishermen or other traffic. I guess north would be my best bet then.

thanks, Wesley

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey uhookem maybe we can hook up and fish, gonna be down too. Green jeep grand cherokee w p&s stickers on side windows. If you see me stop may have a shot of scorch.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If you take the first sound ramp right before coming into Avon, there are fish to be found. There are really no bad places to fish on the soundside for trout. Just find a turnout, wade in there, and find a hole!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I agree with Drumrun. If you want big trout, don't leave Kitty Hawk. If the surf is too rough, I'd wade behind the inlet - that's where the sound fish will be congregating. Canadian Hole is better in the spring late summer/early fall. Its surf time!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Yeap Kitty Hawk would be my bet. Half mile south of Avalon pier or walk the beach from the Black Pelican Rest. south. Should find some in there somewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well now,I believe a plan is in order. Sounds like I'll be spending most of my time walking and fishing the surf hard from Duck down to Kitty Hawk. I must spend a day or so wade fishing Davis channel and surf fishing O.I. I wouldn't want to let the sharks down. Davis channel gets real spooky there at sundown with a stinger of fish tied to your waist while wade fishing in waist deep water. A real adrenaline boost. Ask me how I know.......

Mr Sandbar, the scortch invitation sounds good. If you want to fish and stagger in the surf around Kitty Hawk look me up. :beer

Wesley

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Well now,I believe a plan is in order. Sounds like I'll be spending most of my time walking and fishing the surf hard from Duck down to Kitty Hawk. I must spend a day or so wade fishing Davis channel and surf fishing O.I. I wouldn't want to let the sharks down. Davis channel gets real spooky there at sundown with a stinger of fish tied to your waist while wade fishing in waist deep water. A real adrenaline boost. Ask me how I know.......

Mr Sandbar, the scortch invitation sounds good. If you want to fish and stagger in the surf around Kitty Hawk look me up. :beer

Wesley
Well,Mr Sandbar,hope you were fishing the beach everyone was suggesting,with grubs. They flat out tore em up today,between 2 ta 4 lbs with a few 5's mixed in.... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts