Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

are you allowed to chum off seagull pier?? if so, has anyone ever tried it? i bet if you do it at the right time you can get some nice sharks and blues... who knows what else. i know you cant do it within va beach limits less than 500' from shore but does that count for seagull too? if anyone ever has did it work? what did you use? what did you get?
:D

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Yes you can

I wish I could say that it has worked great but I can't. Th times that we spent th most money on chum an oil last yr were prolly th nights/days we caught th least.:mad: Brought chum out once this yr an th croaker fishermen had a good run as th chum line was running down th pier an th croakers showed up. But that was it except for skates. I have heard stories of great nights when chumming but th wind tide an current all have to be right.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
We usally use th store bought menhadden chum as well as menhadden oil on a drip. Last yr when we spent all th dough, we had oil drip, chum bags with diced menhadden an a flat of frozen menhadden that we cut up an put in a 5 gallon bucket with menhadden oil. Good luck an hope ya turn th luck around for SG this year.

·
Registered
823 Posts
either that or get you a old crank sausage grinder...(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts