Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody been fishing the Tank lately?

Anything biting? Was thinking of going there this weekend if this SmackDown comes apart.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Choptank

Orest,
Can't fish until Sunday..too far to drive with having to work Monday. Good luck, don't catch too many keepers!;)

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really Funny.

:D

I hope before the end of the season to have one great day fishing. I also expect to win the lottery soon.:D

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
I wouldn't mess with it for the rest of the year. It's been a slow year there and this recent rain will make it even worse. You may as well fish in a farm pond.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Fishing the mainstem of the bay would be better than up in the rivers--you'll get higher salinity.

I imagine you'd have a shot at stripers at Sandy Pt. but the further south you can go (or over to the Atlantic), the better.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just might have to back down to PLO this weekend. I would like to try Sea Gull; but I think that will have to wait until next year.

When does the striper season close in the Atlantic?

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Question about open year round???

Is it open year round or not in MD? How about Del.?

Bass, Striped (Ocean) 28" Open year round 2/person/day Prohibited in EEZ beyond MD waters (3 miles -200 miles from shore)

The EEZ (Exclusive Economic Zone) All waters from the seaward boundary of coastal states (3 miles from shore) out to 200 nautical miles. Maryland waters is from the shore to 3 miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts