Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful here right now, good yearling and puppie bite between 43 and 44. Ended up with 3 puppies 26-29 and a couple of nice yearlings. All caught on large fleas that you now have to dig with a shovel because they are 10-12" deep. In the white water on the bar. Right now I don't think that anyone but the man upstairs knows where this thing will end up. Will batton down everything tomorrow, and close the storm shutters wednesday and get out of dodge. Talked to my neighbor who is 88 years old and born and lived on the island all his life, and he thinks the island will be divided into thirds. Next inlet just north of buxton and also another right this side of Hatteras village.
Living on this tiny split of sand is worth anything that mother nature throws at us, and would not trade it for anything. But times like this I do question my own sanity.

·
Registered
823 Posts
good luck k-tom

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Isabelle Preparations

K-Tom: Good luck to you and your family..glad you got to go fishing today...sounds like a pretty successful day..God Bless...and tight lines to all! Murphman:)

·
Registered
823 Posts
DD, i'll pray for the folks that are staying.i'm boarded up at topsail but will be high and dry at home

·
Registered
196 Posts
Seas are already 11' plus about 150 miles east of Hatteras.

I sure hope that cold front speeds up!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Good luck to all and my prays go out to all.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DD if you need any help with the boat give e a call on the cell.
Will probably fish tomorrow if the current ain't too bad. 996-0589

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Topsail

Went to Topsail yesterday and cleared out all that we could. Brought the boat home as well.

People there are not boarding up or seeming to be in any rush yet. That worries me. This one could do a left turn at any point.

Got the generator charged and almost 40 gal of fuel ready here inland. Just started freezing gal jugs of water and one trip to the store for some staples.

God Bless and everyone be smart and safe.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Well.......just got the new house. Hope home/flood insurance doesn't have the same clause as health insurance......6 month waiting period. If not, then having this insurance is the best buy yet. Only 3 payments of $150 total and a possible settlement of 70+ grand, along with reimbursement of the first floor contents. Of course the down side to this would be the loss a home, and having to pay off the mortgage.
I hope the across the street creek doesn't become an in the yard built in pool. Complete with yachts.

If Isabel heads for us here in Va, our neighborhood will be lost. Too much water to come at us from 3 sides. :eek:

We have dodged the bullet many a time. If it's our (Virginia's) time, then so be it. Although I do want a second opinion. Don't want to worry too much, you know.:rolleyes:

Good Luck to us all!

·
Registered
823 Posts
FISH HUNTER

i've already boarded up down there.... the only days i could get down there was this past weekend too..... i couldnt put it off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts