Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody out there bored out of their minds;anybody sick of all this cold weather.Anybody crazy enough to fish when its almost 10F outside.I wouldn't mind hearing about how the Bass were blitzing and the weather was just downright brutle,windy,rainy,and cold. :D Anybody have any stories about catching all the fish when it was too rough to fish. :D

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Well, last fall I went fishing during Tropical Storm Kyle. Looked and looked until I found a pier that was still open. Most of the time I was the only guy up there, but I caught a couple whiting and had one good run on my clicker. About drowned from all the rain and I was soaked to the bone, but it was still fun.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
HappyPapy
I really wish you could get out and enjoy
yourself. :)
Thin Skined Kozlow
P/S Watch those veggie and orange prices go up. :(

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Happypappy I'm losing my mind with cabin fever I buy more mag. and surfing for more fishing sites if I don't wet the line soon I going to have to be committed

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Just thinking about the freash water trout trip that I will be going on in a few months,a couple of my closes friends & I try to make this outting each year. The freash water trout we go for are around 19" or better(I'v caught them up to 27")you're alouded 5 per day and I'll be there for two days. The rods we use are 51/2' to 6' with no more than 6lb.test or less,what ever turns you on.It's about a 6hr. drive from home,straight down 81 South(VA)Wythville. Might have to go again this Fall. :D :D

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was watching a fishing show today and they were ice fishing.They caught pleanty of 8lb+ Walleyes threw a little hole in the ice and they said they were fishing in a middle of a snowstorm.The air temp was -20C,but they were prepared for it. :eek: :eek: :eek: MAN THATS COLD! :eek: :eek: . :D

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I'm sorry fishing is suppose to be enjoyable and I don't care how prepared you are fishing in -20C weather with the snow falling is NOT enjoyable! I've heard of tough conditions but that takes the cake!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They had to relase the Walleye carefully;at one point in time they had to crattle the fish in their arms before realesing it. :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts