Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one have any input on cabellas saltstriker liveliner reels?i have 2 shimano 6500 baitrunners but was looking for something smaller and cheaper to use here locally. i love the liveliner spinning reels with shimano being my favorite.are there any other brands someone has first hand exp. with?let me know,any input would be appreciated.thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got the Salt Striker "Metal" spinning reel, I think the model is the SS80. Paired it with their 12 ft Salt Striker heavy spinning rod.

I like the reel (and rod), it seems durable for the price range. But - the caveat to this is that I only surf fish maybe 2 weeks out of the year when we go on vacation in the Spring and Fall. Point is - it seems plenty durable for that kind of usage, but I can't speak to how it would hold up for folks who live on the shore and fish much more often.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I've got the Salt Striker "Metal" spinning reel, I think the model is the SS80. Paired it with their 12 ft Salt Striker heavy spinning rod.

I like the reel (and rod), it seems durable for the price range. But - the caveat to this is that I only surf fish maybe 2 weeks out of the year when we go on vacation in the Spring and Fall. Point is - it seems plenty durable for that kind of usage, but I can't speak to how it would hold up for folks who live on the shore and fish much more often.
The "Saltstriker" Metal is Exactly the same as the Pfleuger Medalist, only $10-$20 cheaper, so you got a bargain. I have been looking at the Saltstriker "Baitfeeder" for some time to try to figure out who actually makes it. So far, I believe it's closest to the Okuma Salina "Baitfeeder", but it has over twice the number of bearings and is WAAAAAAAAY cheaper than the Okuma. Don't know for sure, though.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with the special they have at cabellas and my points i have a chance to get a pair of these reels for about 35 dollars out of pocket.i just wanted some oppinions before i decide.it is winter here with snow and wind so i prob. have a few days before i get out.thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Okuma EPIXOR?

Could it be an Okuma EPIXOR EB Bait Feeder Spinning Reel?
When I got a spare spool for a small salt striker, it turned out to be an Okuma EPIXOR EF30.
We have never put it to the test as it’s my daughters reel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.