Pier and Surf Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I won't disagree.
And I'm not new to forums or trash talking.
But based on the behavior I hear about at many fishing spots, coupled with an inordinate amount of "trash talking" it's no wonder reports are slim.
It's certainly given me pause.
I've been on this forum for 15 yrs and beleive me what we're seeing now no where compares to the bad behavior in yrs past. Matt (SandFlea) will step in when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
June 1985 Coastland Times

Had 19 inch biceps even way back then, the greatest surf fisherman of Maryland.

View attachment 20865

Captain Andy McCain took the photo, it hung under the counter at NHP until Hurricane Irene when it was damaged by storm
Garbos earlier pics were tin type and didnt survive the 20th century.
The only records of Drumdum's early exploits are carved in rock in a cave somewhere

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Garbos earlier pics were tin type and didnt survive the 20th century.
The only records of Drumdum's early exploits are carved in rock in a cave somewhere
I think you are pre-dating both myself and DD. We are not that old, well I am not that old..DD is pretty old..... By the way We had cell phones back in the 1980's just no digital cameras. There were no Poachers in the old days, everyone was afraid of someone dropping a "Brick" on them....

Brick Phone.jpg

·
Banned
82 Posts
And, if I see poaching, I call. And then I call again to tell them "hurry up and ticket these losers." And then I laugh loudly while they get written up. And then I sleep well because I am protecting a fishing pastime that has all kinds of enemies and those who poach, from large scale efforts to a family keeping an 11 inch rockfish help make the argument for those who are trying to shut fishing down.
Hopefully youre calling and laughing doesnt make someone chase after you. Unless you have your fleas motorcycle handy

101 - 106 of 106 Posts