Pier and Surf Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Administrator
319 Posts
Sent those up to be blocked. As for the dating ad, GoogleAds are based off search history, whats being searched in your area, state, country, ect. If you have an issue with an ad, provide the URL and the issue and we'll look into it.

- JB

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Man, thars funny!!!

I don't search any dating sites...

Hell No I ain't clicking on any ad just so I can get the URL ...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Try chrome. I just tried both safari and chrome and don't get the ads every body is getting. Has to be some settings in my opinion.

B

·
0 Posts
Since my profile has not been deleted just figured i would give others a heads up as to what I'm doing now. Every single time i get a pop up, i send feedback to Google. I'm going to continue to send an email or feedback for every single pop up i get. Fifty pop ups? Fifty times I will notify Google. I encourage everyone on here to do the same, and tell everyone you know to do the same. If Google has a number, call if that suits you. They need to be inundated with complaints and then maybe they'll do something. I can't even look at Accuweather radar without these pop ups. Obviously it's not just one single website.

·
Administrator
319 Posts
Try chrome. I just tried both safari and chrome and don't get the ads every body is getting. Has to be some settings in my opinion.
Thanks for the feedback, yes, maybe try a different browser?
Usually, these ads target apple users on Safari. There are fewer reports of this on Chrome and other browsers

Ed

·
Registered
626 Posts
Admin - are you any closer to a more permanent solution for stopping these pop-up ads? At times they render this site useless.

·
Administrator
319 Posts
Sent those up. Thanks.

Admin - are you any closer to a more permanent solution for stopping these pop-up ads? At times they render this site useless.
Were continuing to look into it and block the pop ups that are reported until something more permanent is in place. At this time you can disable javascript, switch to Enhanced mobile view, or try another browser.

We appreciate the reported popups you all are providing so we can get to the bottom of this.

- JB

B

·
0 Posts
Usually, these ads target apple users on Safari. There are fewer reports of this on Chrome and other browsers

Ed
Four tries, four pop ups. Chrome is no better. I've emailed Google 9 times so far today. I will continue to do so every single time i get a pop up. Become a thorn in their side.

·
Registered
626 Posts
From a user’s perspective, changing settings, etc, shouldn’t even be a consideration, much less, a requirement. This Ipad/Safari has been working fine all along, up until these pop-ups started appearing. Seems to me, the “fix” belongs to the organizations who stand to gain financially, and, who are apparently getting a free ride by advertising on various user sites. VS Admin says they aren’t benefitting, correct?

·
Registered
905 Posts

Ed
Running an Apple Mac book pro with safari as a browser and have never had a popup, am running an add blocker
js

·
Registered
626 Posts
Running an Apple Mac book pro with safari as a browser and have never had a popup, am running an add blocker
js
Did you load the blocker because you were getting ads that were interrupting or taking over whatever you were reading? Not talking about general run of the mill ads/advertisements that might be annoying, but don't interfere with a website you might be visiting. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

Forgot to mention. I'm not familiar with a MacBook pro. Is that considered to be a computer? Or a mobile like an Ipad or a "phone"? These ads we're having trouble with are known to be attacking mobile devices. Not really certain, but I don't think computers are fully known to have entered the scene...yet.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Big Will I think it's just mobile devices... others I've talked to using tablet and phone. SAME THING

my desktop or laptop doesn't have these issues zero, nada...
, ..I use my iPad the most and that's what is having the issues.

A MacBook is a laptop.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts