41 - 60 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts

·
Administrator
319 Posts
Gathered up your recent links.

What Ed means is to try just opening the forum in a tab, and then opening it a second time in another tab. Use one until you get hit with the popup and instead of dealing with it, just switch over to the other tab. Seen mixed, but overall successful results from this trick

Kevin

·
Registered
626 Posts
Gathered up your recent links.

What Ed means is to try just opening the forum in a tab, and then opening it a second time in another tab. Use one until you get hit with the popup and instead of dealing with it, just switch over to the other tab. Seen mixed, but overall successful results from this trick

Kevin
No can do on an Ipad using Safari. If anybody has been following the bouncing ball, these ads aren’t affecting our non-apple PC. PC has tabs, no ads. Ipad has ads, no tabs. I’d need an idiot’s guide to Ipad on how to view same websites in pairs.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Found a way. Didn’t work. Ad reared its ugly face on both screens. This site, TidalFish and Bass Barn, from my latest experience, need fixing.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Here's a small trick for stopping the pop-up. Once it pops up, leave it and open another tab on your device. The ad doesn't do anything unless type on it.

By the way, I have blocked that ad

Ed

I have a screen capture of six pages opened and done like you suggest in your "tip" trying to report the ads. That is the original page and five tries to get to this page to cut and paste. Each page got an ad. I am using my ten year old daughters computer to report this.

It is bogus and inexcusable to own a product that is so unsatisfactory. You ought to be ashamed.

The true horror to this is that this site has many years of good solid information that will be lost to all when it fails. There have been many good friendships born on here and they will dissolve too.

There are only two explanations as to why this is still an issue.....greed or laziness. You are either profiting from the ads or wont pay to eradicate them.....or you just don't care.

I mean half the connected world uses some form of Apple device and you chose to ignore them?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Here is another one for you guys
Sorry I didn't snag a copy and paste on the address but it's in the screen shot:rolleyes:

FIX IT

IMG_1077.jpg

·
Administrator
319 Posts
While it can be frustrating, this issue is happening to tons of sites across the internet. A Google search will confirm this. We do not profit from pop-up ads and have been working overtime to resolve it until a more permanent solution can be found.

We've sent the links up to be looked at. Thanks.

- JB

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
While it can be frustrating, this issue is happening to tons of sites across the internet. A Google search will confirm this. We do not profit from pop-up ads and have been working overtime to resolve it until a more permanent solution can be found.

We've sent the links up to be looked at. Thanks.

- JB
Dont yall run Powerstroke.org and toyota4runner.org also?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Yeah I get the same crap there too.... I only use them when I'm working on one of my vehicles so I'm not on them near as much as I am on this one ..

·
Administrator
319 Posts
Hey there,

One solution is to use enhanced mobile view (not available on IPads/only vBulletin sites) or use tapatalk.

Another is to turn off javascript if you're using safari, but this will make some functions not work. Settings > Safari > Advanced > Turn off Javascript

An apple user reported that they turned it off for a while and turned javascript back on and the pop-ups came up less.

View attachment 51761

Maybe give this a try and see how this goes?

Ed

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey there,

One solution is to use enhanced mobile view (not available on IPads/only vBulletin sites) or use tapatalk.

Another is to turn off javascript if you're using safari, but this will make some functions not work. Settings > Safari > Advanced > Turn off Javascript

An apple user reported that they turned it off for a while and turned javascript back on and the pop-ups came up less.

View attachment 51761

Maybe give this a try and see how this goes?

Ed
Terrific.....we've gone from whack-a-mole to picking at straws. Keep trying, maybe we'll get there.

If it's any consolation, I haven't seen any of those annoying interruptions from Amazon the last couple of days on my Ipad. (Wish I hadn't said that.)

I did happen across some fake notices about a virus affecting the Ipad, but not while visiting any known VS sites.

·
Administrator
319 Posts
We're seeing a general slowing of reports of these as well. Hope that means the we're seeing a turn in the tide, rather then a calm before another storm.

There were a couple ios updates recently. Did you apply them by chance?

Kevin

·
Registered
626 Posts
Nope. I don’t get updates automatically, but I get notices. No notices lately, so I double checked, and I’m up to date.

·
Administrator
319 Posts
Okay, thanks for clarifying. Please let us know if any more of these pop ups show up. As Kevin mentioned above, they really do seem to be occurring much less frequently, so let's hope it stays that way! Thanks for all your patience throughout all of those pop-ups - we know they have been super frustrating!

Cheers,

Erik

41 - 60 of 111 Posts