Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a question about bucktail colors.

Which color works the best for rocks?

and what sizes? Thanks.

I'm fishing around Narrows, and the tank.

oh also..which one works the best..

Hot Lips, Banana, Ball...hmm and..Bean

·
Registered
680 Posts
i have used the popeye for years. i use white with red collar. clear water-white worm, murky-yellow worm, dark or night- black worm.1/2 qz. is my preferred, but you must also take into comsideration depth and current. some use inline sinkers to getdown, while others prefer heavier bucktrails. this is the meth i gauge my fishing. others will have their ways, and disaggree wiyh me, but they do it their way

·
Registered
209 Posts
3/8 white bucktail with a 6 inch white worm is what i use at narrows - when the fish start jumping out of the water i used a rat-l-trap caught 10-15 but no keepers but its still fun action

·
Registered
680 Posts
jetty paul. have you ever tried the lipped mirro lures? they run about 4-5 ft. deep. i have great success in del. bay.

·
Registered
209 Posts
lipped mirro lures

never used them bill - went to some sites to try to look at some but the seach only produced similar items - is there another name for it? i think i know what your talking about but i'm not 100%

·
Registered
680 Posts
many tackle shops have them. its mirrolure. iuse them on cape henlopen pier and it IRI when they do surface feed in summer. the lipped ones have good action and rattle.

·
Registered
823 Posts
1/2 oz white buck with red color w/ white curl tail

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Depends on current, structure, most success on red/white bucktail with sassy shad imitation..good candy for blues in the spring..used to score trout in IRI with red/ white bucktail and purple worm..Those new SPRO bucktails are nice:)

·
Registered
680 Posts
murph. been catching rock all week with my old standby. lots of shorts but a couple nice fish today. i'll be back there in the morning.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I love them smilin' bill bucktaiks in white with red accents.
White or yellow 6 inch worm
Those SPRO bucktail jigs are awful nice with great graphics,but they get mighty expensive at IRI.
Billr have you ever try slug-go soft stick baits ??

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
DOVERPOWER said:
have you ever try slug-go soft stick baits ??
I use the 9" versions on the jetty at night. PM me and I will tell you how I rig them with superglue...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
680 Posts
DP. the smiling bucktails are called hot lips.
i have tried the sluggos but i didn't see any improvement. also the cost is much more.
like they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Bucktails

The "Surfcaster" catalog has a good selection on bucktails..also for any Delaware people out there both Old Inlet B&T and the Tackle Box in New Castle have good bucktail selections.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts