Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Yea a few partial pilings sticking out of the water. I tried to post a pic but the board wanted 600X 0 which = no pic.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Digger

I had the same problem posting the bowl of worms picture. I had to go into the printer/scanner software and use the option that allowed me to downsize the pic. I simply chose the 600 resolution and the 0 didn't matter. It was a bit fuzzy, but if I had kept previewing it before submitting it, I'm sure I could have improved on the quality.

You might have something on your computer that allows you to downsize a pic.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I'll ask sandflea about this.

Seems there should be a way we can put the images onto our computers in a downsized state. That way when we do a transfer, we won't have to downsize our image.

Can anyone reading this offer a solution that will let an image from a digital camera be downsized as it is loaded on the computer?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Hmmmmmmm..a little fuzzy..what where those things stickin outta the water??? the R

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thrifty - Some cameras let you choose

the size of the picture. Otherwise if you have a graphics program like Paintshop you can not only resize but also optimize to limit data transfer.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Shucks, I was winging it at best. My son set the camera a while back for me. I thought all I needed him to do was allow me to take the maximum number of pic with ok quality. Let me find that 70 some page booklet that came with it and thumb thru it for a quick crash course.:eek:

I believe paintshop is installed by Microsoft. I tried something like that and ended up cutting the pic into pieces. I need to practice a bit there too.:rolleyes:

Thanks landlocked.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The program is expensive, but for anything to do with pictures you can't beat Photoshop 7.0.

With Photoshop, you can save your picture in a web optimized format and make it the size you want (see pictures of Lynnhaven Pier damage for example).

There are other options like Paint shop, but for quality you can't beat Photoshop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts