Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am going to be in hampton this weekend to go fishing at Grandview pier and maybe Harrison's Pier. Can anyone tell me if buckroe pier is open yet? I grew up in buckroe and love to fish. I am bringing my husband and son for their first saltwater pier fishing experience. Hope we catch something big !! .We have done alot of freshwater fishing but now its time to move on to the real fish. Can someone tell me what is being caught from the piers. Thank you and Happy fishing.:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi, we visited Buckroe during the summer months and it was open. If this is your families first trip on salt water maybe try the headboats out of Harrison's. The water's not rough and the three of you might get lucky. The early(6:30)trip was the best trip for us. My wife has a fear of boats and water but loves to fish. She'll go there in a minute. We fished there this weekend and she(the only woman) out fished the entire boat. For $18 bucks its a bargain and if you get on the fish you'll have a trip to remember.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Woodie for the info. I think we are going to stick with the piers this weekend maybe try the boat next time out. Hubby and son have done very little salt water fishing and it has been awhile since I have been. I used to be on pier every weekend when I was a kid and really miss the the great company of other fishermen/women. I will let you know if we catch anything. Thanks again for the info.

Remember its not about what you catch, Its about the fun you have trying to catch it:D

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Buckroe is still there. For the best report always give them a call. They are straight up about what is going on. Also the VMRC Newsletter is a good source of info which covers a wide area. As well as most of the piers. They still have listed back to 1999 giving a histirical view. Good Luck!!
http://www.mrc.state.va.us/newsletters.htm

·
Registered
691 Posts
#'s and suggestions.....

Grandview>>>757-851-2811
Buckroe>>>>>757-851-9146
I'd give both a call and see what the hours are, now that we're beyond Labor Day, and the availability of bait.... When you make the calls, I'm sure they'll let you know what's biting if you ask.. I only suggest this because they often run low on certain baits(minnows) this time of year. Last I knew, they had plenty of bait and the hours for both piers were roughly S-TH 8am-10pm and 24 hours from Friday AM to Sunday evening...... This changes with business and the weather... It'll be an interesting weekend with the wind........ GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!! :D

Zigh
><((((*>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts