Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning the elementary school kids opened the pier. What a beautiful day. I want to thank Drawinout, Outsick, Skider, and UOPAUL, for their assistance in setting up rods and helping the kids. We also had two managers from BPS and the Parks and Rec staff making things happen. Not a great fish flow this AM but the kids managed to hook up with mullet, spot, croaker and small flounder. I think the reward for us was their laughter and smiles. It was superb. The pier will be open to 7:00 pm today, and 7:00 am-7:00 pm sunday and monday for open fishing. No fee charged. The restrooms are functional but you need to bring bait. 3 rods max. May 30th the pier will open for 24 hour fishing. Have a great holiday weekend!:fishing:

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Had fun Chris!! I think the young ones had a good time.. Seeing a dozen kids get excited over a 4" oyster toad was probably the highlight of my day.. Reminds me what fishing is all about. Glad to have had the opportunity to donate a little time.

Ryan

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wish I could have been there to help and see the kids having so much fun!!! The to-do list around here has kept piling up from all the rain we had and I had to get things rolling on that. Being a single parent isn't very much fun when you get behind on everything. Hopefully will be done with most of it before the holiday comes. I'd like to get some time in with mine fishing; although that is sometimes a chore in itself too!!!! But, it's always worth it if it brings a smile to their faces!! Glad to hear all the kids had a good time today and the weather cooperated to help it along!!! Good job guys!!!! I tip my hat to you!!!!

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I'm just hoping I have a few bucks in my pocket to make a recon trip to the CLT Monday with a buddy of mine.. I'll try to make my way back to Buckroe and actually "fish" the pier this year. Today was all about the kids, but well worth it. Zebco 33's dropped right under the pier!!!! And I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had a great time as well guys. What a beautiful day on the new pier. :D I should have put some sun screen on the back of neck though. Just when I thought it couldn't get any redder. lol Thanks for the opportunity SaltwaterRunner and nice meeting you guys. Skider, how did you do on the T in the p.m.?

Ben

·
Registered
113 Posts
We put out some live eels ,no bites i left at 4 but some of the hampton guys stayed out havent heard how they done .the round head bite picked up considerally well ,lots of nice size fish . The kids they put on the news was the ones we took to the end of the pier,two of them never fished before and they caught fish,they sure picked up casting prettygood for never throwing a rod before.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm just hoping I have a few bucks in my pocket to make a recon trip to the CLT Monday with a buddy of mine.. I'll try to make my way back to Buckroe and actually "fish" the pier this year. Today was all about the kids, but well worth it. Zebco 33's dropped right under the pier!!!! And I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!!!!:D
What is out at the light tower right now, I might have a few gas dollars I could send your way if you are interested in a hitch hiker on board.

·
Registered
697 Posts
lights on the T

I fished the T today and the lights on the fromt of the T got SMACKED while casting and I am suprised that there was not glass broken. In my opinion they might want to take them off the fromt of the pier. Tight lines. Scott

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I fished the T today and the lights on the fromt of the T got SMACKED while casting and I am suprised that there was not glass broken. In my opinion they might want to take them off the fromt of the pier. Tight lines. Scott
Skider, myself, and a Hampton guy that used to frequent the old Buckroe Pier had conversation with one of the maintenance/grounds keeper guys. The lights came up in the conversation. With alot of inexperienced people coming out there, the lights are definitely going to get whacked. I don't think they have any plans to take them down as of yet.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
What is out at the light tower right now, I might have a few gas dollars I could send your way if you are interested in a hitch hiker on board.
Paul, I don't even know for certain if he's going yet. Just an idea he threw out yesterday. Haven't heard from him yet today, so I doubt he's still planning on going.. If we do go, I think he already has a total of 4 guys going, and that's as many as he'll take in the 26' Mako... Nobody wants to fish on a crowded boat..;):D The spade fish are out there, but we just need to go and see if we can get them to eat.. He may pass up this Monday and wait a little bit. If I'm ever going out with somebody that has room, I'll try to keep you in mind.

Edit: Just got the call, and we are going to slip out to the tower tomorrow morning to try them.. Will write a report tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Buckroe Pier Opening

Yeah scott, those lights are going to have to be relocated to the rear of the "T". Could easily get along with two. This was pointed out during the design review last year. I'm sure after all the discussions saturday the Parks and Rec boss will see that relocation occurs shortly. Especially, after they get blown out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.