Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Buckroe Pier on Friday for the first time. I usually frequent Lynnhaven, James River, Sandbridge, and Seagull. Got there around 7:00pm and stayed until 4:00am. When I first arrived people were pulling up horse croakers (2-3lb range I would guess). Using fresh shrimp as bait we caught a couple croakers, black sea bass, and spot. The lights at the end of the pier had a bunch of huge trout swimmong around feasting on the bait fish. People were throwing everything at them with no luck (all kinds of bait, plugs, jigs, etc.). I got in on the action with no luck. A kid with a sabuki rig pulled one 15" or 16" trout and so I went and bought one and in a few minutes I had an 18" or 19" trout. Unfortunately I forgot my cooler so I gave him away. Lost a few and pulled up a few more (14" and 12"). Saw a couple of sharks pulled up and a few other fish but besides that it kinda died out. I rate the pier pretty decent for pulling up big fish. Some other piers are good for quantity but Buckroe seems to be good for quality fish.:) :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I should have went to buckroe this past weekend instead of grandview but hubby & son wanted to try grandview. LOL wont make that mistake again. Buckroe is a great pier with great people, But I guess am I fond of it because I grew up in Buckroe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.