Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the pier at 12:30 pm to do a little fishing. Jane at the pier said it ws realy slow so I told her to get her camera ready. Well withen 15 min I hooked my first flounder it was 19" and weighted 2 1/2 pounds . I thought it was cool to get my picture taken and my name on the board for the largest flounder of the season. I know that will be broken soon. Never had a bite after that and left a 4:00pm. Used a minnow

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good for you! I'm still on the lookout for my first east-coast flounder.

I only have about 10 days before heading north, anyone out there got advice on where I should be fishing to get one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hate to give away my flounder hole, but i'm stuck out to se on this cruiser and won't be home for a few more weeks. i catch a lot at Fort Monroe, and thats all I'll say. If you got a boat I also catch them at buoy 14

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well i have a flounder hole to which i usually catch above 5 and have gotten plenty big ones there, but that i cant tell because i fear that if to many people start fishing there they will get angry. But i do have another good spot. Not sure if its producing yet but on the duck inn side torwards the bay. Take a minnow and cast it out just beyond the 2nd piling. Theres a bar on the second one and the flounders hang out right after it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know the pain of a favorite spot getting too crowded, so thanks guys for the flounder info...I don't bring extra folks with me, and I usually release most fish.

I'll give Ft Monroe a try the next day or two, and that will likely be my swan song until Sept. Thanx again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've fished Ft. Monroe several times and have had scattered success. Definitely want to catch the tide right (low tide is LOW), and stangely enough, the best days I've had there have been in the rain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts